11.4.10

Rainy Day Soundtrack

Have you ever found the perfect music to fit the day? A soundtrack to the events going on in your life, music that makes the world seem a little brighter, makes you see a little clearer? Today was one of those days.
As I walked down the street, ducking under awnings, wading through a sea of umbrellas, I pulled on my headphones to hear the soundtrack of Garden State. Peering down the rain-soaked street for the headlights of the bus, it struck me that rainy days once were my favorite kind of day. But now, listening to that music, huddled under the high glass of the bus stop next to petite strangers holding umbrellas that threaten to poke me in the face the rain seemed wonderful once again. Droplets falling from above to wash away all the dirt, all the grim of the city, leaving another world behind, a world so much like the one we live in, yet softer somehow, fuzzy around the edges. A world that can be splashed away with the passing of a car, but always comes back. It always comes back with the rain.

I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You

No comments: